Interning in Ghana
Thank you so much for your interest in our Summer Collegiate Internship Program! We will select four college interns to serve at Touch A Life’s Care Center in Kumasi, Ghana, this coming summer. This year’s four-week program will take place in July. The program costs are tax-deductible and the fee covers expenses including roundtrip airfare from the U.S., lodging at the Care Center, in-country transportation, all meals/groceries, and excursions. The application process is open until January 15th, after which point we will conduct interviews with all candidates. Final selections will be made by February 1st.
• One day meeting in Dallas before departing for Ghana to learn Touch A Life history, vision, scope, and
Ghanaian customs. Interns will also be given assignments in person during this time.
• Maintenance & upkeep throughout the property—painting dorms, hanging shelves, organizing closets,
creating opportunities to donate clothing, toys, school supplies, etc., cleaning up trash.
• Ghana staff support— take over chores for the staff, give them breaks, provide helpful training, lead
yoga classes for relaxation, run errands with drivers to alleviate their workload, host staff appreciation
event at the end of the internship experience.
• Donor communication projects—letters to sponsors, videos to sponsors (may need video training or
background), Christmas gifts for sponsors (crafting project that can be done on the weekends in the
Art Center), documenting everyday life at the Care Center.
• College students, (entering) sophomore year through graduating seniors.
• International travel experience with two weeks with some service-related time preferred.
• Strong preference for students studying education, marriage & family therapy, creative arts, nonprofit
development, child care/development, medicine.
• Students who are self-motivated, creative, know how to complete projects effectively & efficiently.
Our staff is willing to work with colleges and universities on case-by-case basis to apply college credit to our internship program.
Internship Applications are now closed for 2017. Please check back at the end of the year for information about our 2018 internship program.